Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dawn's Spread


Dawn is the best and certainly knows me well!
Dawn calls me the day before the opening during which I was slightly frantic driving around running errands in prepartion for the opening trying to find my exit and she says to me, "What's your schedule for tomorrow?"
I was completely thrown off by the question. Thoughts start running through my head, "What is she talking about? Is she in town? What IS my schedule for tomorrow? Which exit is it? Oh, that one!" Rather than simply answering her question I say, "What?!? Can I call you back? I think I'm lost."
I figured out my whereabouts, got my thoughts together and returned her call.
Dawn proceeds to tell me that she had considered sending me flowers when she realized that I would appreciate food far more! Bless you Dawn! :) (However, now Corey only has more support to feel he doesn't need to buy me flowers. haha)
Here she had checked out the website for the gym and saw that it is in Asheville's River Arts District where there is a great little cafe called Clingman Cafe. (Another place we frequented during that first week.) She wanted to know how many we were expecting for the opening and had set up the delivery of various wraps, salad, coffee and tea. All of which was delicious! Only about half of those who stopped by opted for food so it also fed Corey and until about Wednesday. Yum!
Thank You Dawn!! You're the best! I miss you!

No comments: